August 8, 2009

More Info on the Tattoo!

After I posted the last picture I thought... maybe you should have explained that a little better... so here goes.

The tattoo is an ovarian cancer ribbon and the years are the years that both my sister ('02) and mom ('05) were diagnosed. It is on my stomach and it is over my left ovary because that is the ovary that all three of us girls have/ had trouble with. Always the left side... weird... I guess genetics is funny like that.

It is finally starting the final stage of the healing process and it ITCHES SO MUCH!!

I just want it to stop itching. No amount of lotion or Benadryl will make it stop. I am a little leary of putting my Benadryl cream on it... I don't want something to happen to the color. I think I will post another picture after it is completely done peeling and is super pretty. It looks even better now than yesterday!!

I am so excited I got it done but I have to say that is the only one I can ever get! I never expected it to hurt as much as it did but I was a trooper and didn't cry or scream or fidget and I went by myself!!

I give MAJOR kudos to the people who have more than 1 tattoo! I wish I was that brave because I can think of a few more things I would love to get a tattoo of!

Oh well, hope ya'll like it!

1 comment:

  1. Such a neat idea for a tattoo. I love when the tattoos have a meaning and a story behind it. The closer you get to the middle of your body, the more it hurts, especially on the back. Trust me, now that you have one, you'll keep getting the urge to get more. They are addicting.
    Kudos to you for being such a toughie and going alone to get it. I've always taken someone with me!

    ReplyDelete