August 17, 2009

I am SHOCKED!

So I went to the doctor today and let me tell you something... I am SHOCKED... hence the title of this post.

Lets begin with a mini history... I have the circulation of an 85 year old... no offense to all of you 85 year olds out there but the truth is you dont have very good circulation... but I'm in that boat with you!! Anyways. No one, (read: the one doctor that I have gone to in 2003), can figure out why this is.

So anyways I go to him today (read: 30 minute wait, 5 minute appt.), and he does nothing. He figured it would get worse... =O

He orders a venous reflux scan (which I have had before)... Here before I waste my time and money please let me tell you what those results will be... Negative! I don't have reflux... If I had reflux I would have better circulation than an 85 year old... like really?? Really??

Okay moving on... I'll also order some compression stockings (you know those tight knee highs that all the older people wear with shorts, yup, those) and those should help. Well, we've tried that before, just like we've tried the scan and those only aggravate the problem!

Frickin Fantastic! Really! I'm thrilled (read: pissed) that this is your conclusion!

I was in shock. He is doing everything that I have been doing for the past 6 years all over again... I could just cry... I would prefer them to amputate my legs. I would be so happy and I wouldnt have to deal with this pain day in and out. I already have enough things to worry about... I would just like an answer after 6 years!!

1 comment:

  1. I can feel your frustration in this post. I'm sorry you have to go through this and I wish you could get some answers to the problems. Have you tried any herbal things? I'm not pushing that on you or anything, just wondering if it's anything you've considered and might help.

    ReplyDelete