June 9, 2009

So I just found this out!

This is so cool! I just found this on my blogger friend, Jessica's blog!

Kelly Ripa, and this one washer/dryer brand are raising money for ovarian cancer research!

HOW COOL!!!

Now, I am not being sarcastic when I say that I really think it is cool! I am sorry to any this may offend but I think breast cancer gets too much publicity and they get all the fundraising opportunities! I understand that it is a huge cancer in women however, more women die from other cancers, such as ovarian cancer.

My mother and my sister both had ovarian cancer. My sister was diagnosed at age 17 (the youngest age ever in Toledo, OH history)! My mom was diagnosed on Thanksgiving 2005. She was 53.

I love my mom and sister so much and I love that people are reaching out for this terrible disease and trying to help people who are affected by it! I know my family was, twice, and we will never be the same. It is a very difficult diagnosis. It has a poor survival rate and even if you do survive you will have to have a hysterectomy and then will not be able to have kids of your own (sometimes people think that is worse than death!)

Anyways I wish I knew how to link to Jessica's blog and to this lemonade stand and all the other sites I know that are trying to raise money for this awful disease! But I am a novice at the computer stuff and have no idea how to even begin doing that. Anyways, go to Google and look all this stuff up and open a lemonade stand and give LOTS and LOTS o' money to them!

Thank you Jessica for letting everyone know about this stuff! This is GREAT!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could help out with this cause, especially since it has affected your family.
    I had a friend who died from Scleroderma and I was instrumental in getting them connected to Goodsearch.com. It was great to finally see that up and running. If you know someone who is on the board for Ovarian Cancer research, you can e-mail them and ask them if they are connected to Goodsearch.com. It's so easy to get money for great causes!

    ReplyDelete