March 31, 2009

I'm so mad I could spit!!

I am so mad I could spit! I actually never understood that phrase when people would say it but I get it now! I am so mad I could spit right now!

John is dipping... you know sticking the pinch of tobacco in his cheek... yeah bloody wonderful! Well, I guess he'll be a lonely old man dying of liver cirrhosis and mouth cancer because I have been through enough cancer diagnoses and chemo treatments to last me 8 lifetimes.

I thought he had stopped in September. When he had promised me he was done, cold turkey, I totally beleieved him. IDIOT!! IDIOT!! IDIOT!! I thought that for the past 7 months he has been dip free. Living free from an increased risk of mouth cancer... Guess I was the one in the dark. Why is the girlfriend always the last to know!?!?!? I guess he figures the cirrhosis and weight he refuses to take off will kill him before the mouth cancer gets him.

You know what... maybe he's right... hopefully he is because I went to high school with a kid who got mouth cancer from dipping and his ENTIRE JAW fell off before he died... No one, not even lying John, deserves to die that way!

On another note, John is on many different diets, a low-cholesterol, a high-fiber, low-protein, low-carb, yada yada, etc., etc.. Obviously the point of all of these would be to keep him skinny and take the workload off of his liver to not have to filter so much fat! We've been doing diets for the past 3 months. Not long, I understand, and a diet is a major lifestyle changer... However, today, along with the dip I found a bag of potato chips... Now normally this wouldnt be a problem because he usually gets the mini bags that fit in the lunches for school. BUT!! This one was a family sized bag and was GONE!! the ENTIRE bag was gone... down to the crumbs... which I am sure he will devour tonight... I asked him when he bought it... SUNDAY NIGHT!! He ate an ENTIRE FAMILY SIZED BAG OF FAT POTATO CHIPS in 1 DAY!!

I am so mad I could spit. What is all my hard work going too? Obviously it just went down the toilet because he wont lose weight eating bags and bags of potato chips and he will only have more health problems with the dipping. Just what he needs right now!

I'm so mad I could spit!

1 comment:

  1. That stinks that you found the empty bag of chips, but try to think of it this way. Whenever you diet, you always have bad days where you tend to fall off the wagon. Maybe that will be a wake-up call for John and he'll realize he messed up. I'm sure by now he knows the consequences of his actions and I'm sure he gets frustrated by his limits. He probably knew how upset you'd be if you found the chips before he ate them all. You 2 are both going through a lot right now and I give you both credit for sticking together and dealing with things. I'm sure none of it is easy. Keep your chin up and if you must spit, don't aim at anyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete